Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (IOCL)-Dimapur LPG Bottling Plant, has an existing LPG bulk storage of 2 above ground bullets of 33 MT Capacity each and 2nos. of mounded bullets having a capacity of 150 MT each along with one Carousal, 2 Unloading bays, 1 loading bay, 1 packed truck Unloading point and 1 packed Loading point. This study carries out the Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA) study for Dimapur LPG Bottling Plant.
The main objective of QRA study is to evaluate the potential risk levels for personnel due to accidental release of hazardous materials from Loss Of Containment scenarios and to exhibit that the individual risks falls within the Acceptable region.
The QRA study is carried out for the following:
- To identify hazards and major Loss of Containment (LOC) events.
- To quantify physical damage and effects of failure case scenarios which include Estimation of Jet Fire, Pool Fire heat radiation distances, Flammable gas dispersion distances, BLEVE and overpressure explosion distances.
- To evaluate Failure Frequency.
- To estimate potential loss of life by quantifying Societal Risk.
- To perform Risk assessment, to verify that risk can be reduced consistent with the ALARP principle according to the UK HSE risk acceptance criteria.
- To recommend risk reduction measures in order to ensure that all risks lie in ALARP or Acceptable region.