The Neyveli New capacity project (NNTP) is a 1GW lignite-burnt energy-producing station situated in Tamil Nadu, India. NLC has awarded iFluids Engineering to conduct the HAZOP (Hazard & Operability) study for NNTP.
The HAZOP (Hazard & Operability) study‘s objective is to lessen the likelihood by reducing the probability and consequences of an incident and evaluate effects of an occurrence that would have a negative impact on the people, the facility, the properties, and the environment.
Loops Covered under the Study
The following Loops are covered under the HAZOP study for the Project.
- Furnace pressure control
- Combustion air header pressure control
- LDO header pressure control
- HFO header pressure control
- LDO to burner flow control
- HFO to burner flow control
- AST to burner pressure control
- Combustion air flow to oil burner’s control
- Combustion of air flow to PF burners
- Mill outlet temperature control
- Mill coal flow control
- Air master control
- Coal master control
- Flue gas O2 control
- Drum level control
- H2 gas from manifold to plant supply line
From the HAZOP Study conducted for New Neyveli Thermal Power Station (NNTPS) Neyveli. The HAZOP study team found that the existing safeguards were found to be adequate for safety as well as operability of the facility.