Kentz Engineering International WLL, which is part of SNC Lavalin (hereafter shall be referred to as CONTRACTOR/KEI) has been awarded CONTRACT from QATAR PETROLEUM (hereafter shall be referred to as COMPANY/QP) to carry out “Front-End Engineering Design (FEED) for new LPG Bottling plant project in Ras Laffan under umbrella consultancy contract.
iFluids Engineering and Consultancy WLL was awarded the project for “Surge/ Transient Analysis for the proposed LPG blending and LPG bottling plant facilities”.
The purpose of Transient / Surge study & analysis is,
- To ascertain the maximum & minimum pressure prevailing in the proposed LPG pipeline, C3 and C4 piping during transient upset conditions for various scenarios.
- To confirm the design pressure of the selected pipe material specification for the piping and pipeline systems.
- To recommend the minimum design requirements to avoid pressure surge in proposed piping and pipeline system based on the outcomes of surge analysis.
- To provide maximum surge force / time history at key locations identified by piping & pipeline discipline for stress analysis load / amplitude.
- To provide the surge mitigation measures, when the surge pressure exceeds the system design pressure.