Indian Oil Aviation Service is a leading aviation fuel provider in India and the most-preferred supplier of jet fuel to major international and domestic airlines. Between one sunrise and the next, Indian Oil Aviation Service refuels over 2,200 flights from the bustling metros to the remote airports linking the vast Indian landscape, from the icy heights of Leh district (the highest airport in the world at 10,682ft) to the distant islands of Andaman & Nicobar.
This study carries out QRA, ERDMP & HAZOP study for Keshod Air Force Station, Gujarat. The Keshod Air Force Station handles Aviation Turbine Fuel (ATF) and there are 2 Refueler Trucks stationed in Airport to refuel Alliance Air flights at Keshod Airport.
The brief process description is as follows,
- Receipt of Aviation Turbine Fuel (ATF) from Vadodra by road through tank trucks of 23KL capacity
- 11 KL Refueler is driven to Aircraft area for refuelling
- 16 KL is kept for storing and sharing to 11 KL Refueler
The scope of work is to carry out QRA, HAZOP & ERDMP for Upcoming Aviation Fuel Station of IOCL-Keshod Airport, Gujarat. Study covers the different components and equipment associated with the existing facility.
The main purpose of QRA study is to assess the potential risk levels for personnel due to accidental release of hazardous materials from Loss of Containment (LOC) scenarios and to exhibit that individual risks lie within the broadly acceptable region.
The Objectives of QRA are as follows:
- To identify Hazards and major Loss of Containment(LOC) events.
- To quantify physical effects of failure case scenarios that includes estimation of jet fire, pool fire, heat radiation distances, flammable gas dispersion distances, BLEVE and overpressure explosion distances.
- Failure Frequency evaluation.
- To quantify societal risk and potential loss of life.
- To perform a risk assessment to ensure that the risk can be reduced in consistence with ALARP principle based on UK HSE risk acceptance criteria.
- To recommend risk-reducing measures to ensure that all risks are in ALARP or Acceptable region.
The main objective of HAZOP study is to aid in managing project risk through early identification of hazards & operability problems and to reduce the probability and consequences of an incident that would have a detrimental impact on the personnel, plant, properties and environment.
The objective of ERDMP Study is to identify emergencies that occur during normal operations of IOCL-Keshod Air Force Station(AFS) and recommend mitigation measures to reduce and eradicate the risk or disaster, develop plans for actions during disaster or emergencies and keep prepared responses to mobilize the necessary emergency services including responders (primary, secondary and tertiary) like Fire service, Police service, Medical service including Ambulance, Government and Non-Governmental agencies.