Missamari Depot is situated inside Missamari Military cantonment at Missamari Town, Dist. Sonitpur, Assam. It is situated at a distance of 40 Km from the District Headquarter Tezpur. The depot was commissioned in the year 1962. Major function of the depot is to receive MS, SKO, HSD and ATF from Guwahati Refinery, Betkuchi & Lumding terminals by road through tank trucks and distribute to Army, Air-Force, GREF, BRO & some other retail outlets & private parties of Assam & Arunachal Pradesh.
IOCL has awarded iFluids Engineering to carry out Quantitative risk assessment study for the Missamari IOCL POL depot, Assam.
The main objective of this study is to evaluate the potential risk levels for personnel due to accidental release of hazardous materials from loss of containment scenarios from the facilities and to demonstrate that individual risks are within the broadly acceptable regions. The Objectives of QRA are as follows:
- Hazard identification and selection of failure case scenarios
- Calculation of physical effects of failure case scenarios which include Estimation of Jet Fire, Pool Fire heat radiation distances, Flammable gas dispersion distances, and overpressure explosion distances
- Failure Frequency evaluation
- Societal risk quantification and Potential Loss of Life estimation
- Perform a risk assessment to confirm that risk can be reduced consistent with the ALARP principle according to the UK HSE risk acceptance criteria
- Recommend risk reducing measures to ensure that all risks are in ALARP or in Acceptable region.