SATS is coming up with a food processing unit in Bangalore International Airport Limited Campus. Kempegowda International Airport is serving Bangalore, the capital of Karnataka, in the southern part of India. It is spread over 4,000 acres and located towards North about 30 kilometres near the suburb of Devanahalli. Amidst 4009 acres, 530 acres are earmarked for real estate development. It is a culmination of Business Parks, Hotel, Rental and dining, Entertainment, Concert arenas, City central, Trade centrals, Urban Street restaurants, Theme Parks, Resorts etc. Vestian has awarded iFluids Engineering to carryout QRA study associated with Ammonia based Refrigeration plant of the SATS Project. The document identifies the methodology and results proposed by iFluids Engineering which is accepted by Vestian/SATS project personnel for the completion of the QRA study.
The scope of work is to carry out Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA) for Ammonia Based Refrigeration Plant of SATS Project at BIAL Campus and the study covers the different components and equipment’s associated with this facility.
The main purpose of QRA study is to estimate the potential risk levels for personnel due to accidental release of hazardous materials from Loss of Containment (LOC) scenarios and to exhibit that individual risks lie within the broadly acceptable region.
The Objectives of QRA are as follows:
- To identify hazards and major Loss of Containment(LOC) events.
- To quantify physical effects of failure case scenarios that includes estimation of jet fire, pool fire, heat radiation distances, flammable gas dispersion distances, BLEVE and overpressure explosion distances.
- Failure Frequency evaluation.
- To quantify societal risk and potential loss of life.
- To perform a risk assessment to ensure that the risk can be reduced in consistence with ALARP principle based on UK HSE risk acceptance criteria.
- To recommend risk-reducing measures to ensure that all risks are in ALARP or Acceptable region.