At the Depot Operational activities carried out are receipt, storage and distribution of petroleum products like Motor Spirit (Petrol), High Speed Diesel (HSD), Superior Kerosene Oil (Kerosene), Ethanol and Biodiesel.
The following facilities are covered under QRA study for the Project.
- Receipt of products through truck unloading facility and pipeline from IOCL.
- Storage tanks FOR products.
- Tank Lorry filling facilities for product loading using loading arms.
The Objectives of QRA are as follows:
- Identification of Major Loss of Containment (LOC) events and associated Hazards.
- Estimation of Jet Fire, Pool Fire heat radiation impact distances, Flammable gas dispersion distance and overpressure explosion distances.
- Failure Frequency evaluation. Quantification of Societal risk.
- Estimation of Potential Loss of Life.
- To confirm that risk can be reduced in consistent with ALARP principle according to the UK HSE risk acceptance criteria by Performing a risk assessment.
- Recommending risk reducing measures to ensure that all risks fall under ALARP or ACCEPTABLE region.
The aim of performing a HAZOP (Hazard & Operability) study is to aid in managing project risks by early identification of hazards and operability problems associated with the proposed facility, to reduce the probability and consequences of an hazardous incident.
- The objective of HAZOP is to identify the hazards associated with the proposed facility.
- Identify the credible equipment instrument failures which could lead to accident scenarios / hazards / operability problems.
- In addition, HAZOP occasionally identifies items which could improve unit operations and efficiency.