Indian Strategic Petroleum Reserves Limited (ISPRL) is a Special Purpose Vehicle created by Government of India for building and operating the Strategic Petroleum Reserves of India
ISPRL intend to engage suitable agency for carrying the SAFETY AUDIT OF VARIOUS FACILITIES UNDER MSIHC RULE 1989at Strategic Crude Oil Storage Facilities, Visakhapatnam.
Scope of work shall include field visit by the experts’ team inspection and conducting
- Annual Safety Audit as per Factories Act
2. Submitting the Safety Report as per Schedule – 8 of Factories Act
3. Updating the On-Site Emergency Plan with the scenarios defined elsewhere in the bid document and revision of ERDMP
Review of the inbuilt safety features/inadequacies if any in the existing system of ISPRL which are mentioned below.
- LPG Area
- Hydrocarbon storage area (Cavern – A, Cavern - B.)
- Electrical Sub Stations, Switch Yards etc.
- Effluent Treatment Plant & Raw water treatment plant
- Boiler facility
- Instrument Air compressor area.
- Building area (emergency escape, accessibility of firefighting equipment’s,lighting, ventilation, noise etc.)
- Fire water pump house
- Flare area.
The brief scope of work shall include the following
- Field visits by experts
- Safety system audit – Audit should go deep into the actual management of safety in the installation including HSE management plan and policy and procedure.
- Maintenance schedule and procedures.
- Safety and reliability of utilities.
- Identify potential hazards.
- Accident investigation procedure and reporting systems.
- The safety management and technical aspects required for the safe operation in the plant.
- Study of existing safety measures, procedures and systems for controlling hazard.
- Health, Safety & environment training plan and its effectiveness.
- Safe handling and storage of hazardous chemicals.
- Control systems (i.e. failure position, logic, interlocks, power supply reliability) Supports of critical vessels & lines.
- Personal health, hygiene and safety (i.e. PPE’s, First Aid, health check-up, workplace environment etc.)
- Active and passive safety devices.
- Compliance with various statutory requirements, licenses etc. (The Audit should check the compliance to Factories Act, Explosives Act, SMPV rules, IEC, ICR, Air and Water Act in line with APPCB, Environmental Protection Act Petroleum Act and Rules, OISD Guidelines, MSIHC and emergency preparedness Rules (notified under EP Act), Central motor vehicle Rules etc.)
- Fire hazards and their control measures.
- Safety procedures for contract work
- Work permit system
- Management of Change.
- Debriefing of audit observations
- Draft report preparation and submission for Company’s comments
- The overall objective of the audit is to examine the current safety management methods that are practiced and to develop comparisons with the modern safety management systems as employed by the National / International leading companies / national standards.
- All necessary data and documents related to above mentioned installations shall be provided by ISPRL on demand.
- Final report submission, covering the aspects in line with the various Statutory requirements of Factories Act, Petroleum Rules, Boiler Act, Explosives Rules.