Fire And Gas Mapping
Fire and gas detector mapping studies gives an objective analysis of detector layouts to support the design method and optimize the amount of detectors required to satisfy coverage targets.
Significance of undertaking F & G Mapping?
Major oil corporations extended ‘ISA TR84.00.07 steering on the Effectiveness of fireside and Gas Detection’ to handle the logic question of “How several detectors is needed in dangerous facility & wherever to position it all?”
- F&G Mapping permits the designer to position flame and gas detection devices at intervals the facility and assess the coverage afforded by the system. This can be mechanically correlative against pre-specified targets that the system should achieve.
- F&G Mapping does not only give edges during the planning section. The benefits of F&G Mapping may be observed in an exceedingly range of ways throughout the operational section.
- F&G Mapping provides designers with the methodology and tools to review detection coverage against pre-determined targets, and guarantee an appropriate and optimized system is commissioned.
- One of the first deliverables of an adequate F&G Mapping study is elaborate detector contributions and permits for that crucial maintenance optimization perform. Therefore, F&G Mapping conjointly provides the numerous good thing about maintenance optimization, which might save cash and doubtless lives.
When it ought to be done??
F&G mapping study ought to be conducted within the style stage to assure that the detector coverage targets square measure met and also the current F&G arrangement is effective to satisfy its supposed designed perform.
Moreover, throughout the traditional operation, the F&G mapping study ought to be performed once major changes or modifications square measure applied to the facilities. As a result, the study shall make sure whether or not this arrangement remained appropriate for continuous in operation. If it's not the case, a collection of recommendations shall be provided and regarded to enhance the FGS performance.
A 3D simulation software (e.g Detect 3D) is usually used to perform this F&G mapping study take into account the obstruction of equipment, structure. A F&G mapping study is especially supported by the comparison of detector coverage versus the coverage target.
Detector Geographic Coverage – is generally defined as the fraction of the geometric area of a defined monitored process area that would be detected by the detector considering the defined voting arrangement (if a release were to occur) in a given geographic location.
Detector (Scenario) Coverage – For each defined release scenario, a part of gas dispersion is outlined. Detector Scenario Coverage is defined as the fraction of the area that can be detected by the detector considering the defined voting arrangement in the area of gas dispersion.
F & G SYSTEM LIFE-CYCLE
Approach / Methodology
A typical F&G mapping study is conducted as per the following steps:
- Step 1: Identification of leak scenario;
- Step 2: HC dispersion modelling using in-house spreadsheet or software;
- Step 3: Evaluation of HC gas detector arrangement;
- Step 4: Optimization of HC gas detector quantity and arrangement (the coverage targets are achieved with the minimum number of detectors);
- Step 5: Modify the detector arrangement as per step 4.
iFluids Engineering helps to provide our CLIENT, the competent experts & resources for the step by step approach for F&G Mapping study.…