Electrical Safety Audits
Electrical safety audits examines the electrical installations in an area. These audits are done by experienced professionals, they produce reports regarding the electrical appliances in the facility under consideration .After evaluation, recommendation to improve the safety of the facility will be provided
Typical scope of study
- Carry out a walk through to identify the errors in Electrical System.
- Verification of statutory compliance with respect to Central Electricity Authority/Indian Electricity Rules/other legal requirements of Electrical Safety
- Identification of Electrical hazards (shock, fire hazards.) and their controls.
- Evaluation of plant lightning protection system.
- Safe Maintenance of Electrical Equipments.
- Audit Planning.-planning about the onsite activities, guidelines, procedures about the actual audit is done here.
- Audit opening meetings- Here the main auditor have a discussion with the manager of the facility. The purpose is to make sure the collected data (existing installation details) received by the auditing team is correct.
- Audit Scope-This completely depends on the specific requirement of the client.
- Risk classification-On the basis of auditing the team gives a risk classification, according to that, the duration within which the organization should make the changes is specified.
- Physical Inspection-Site visit is done.
- Document Review The team reviews all the documents comprehensively for the assessment of the facility, like equipment drawings, policies, other safety reviews of the facility, and test records of various equipment.
- Audit Closing Meetings auditing team meets and discuss their findings and recommendations with the facility staff.
- Final Report Submission- The final report will have all the findings by team and their recommendations.
The auditing record should have the following points covered at least.
- Overview of Electrical system
- Observations and Recommendations
- Lightning Protection System Evaluation
- Electrical Hazards and Control measures
- Hazardous Area- Observations & Recommendations
- Review of Electrical Accidents and control measures
- Review of Fire Hazards and Protection Measures
- Electrical Maintenance Review
- Review of Electrical Test Records & Test Procedures
- Annexure (References/Guidelines)
Software and Standards
To the extent possible the Electrical and Fire Safety audit will follow all applicable standards (national and international), such as:
• IS 14489, Code of Practice of Occupational Health & Safety Audits .
• Good engineering practices followed in similar establishments.
• National Building Code, 2015
• NFPA (applicable codes to Fire Safety)
- CEA (measures relating to Safety and Electrical Supply) Regulations 2010
- Various Indian Standard (BIS)-Electrical.
- Documentation ,Policies , SOP’s and statutory Compliance
- History register
- Work Permit System
- LOTO documents
- Maintenance Schedule
- Test certificates
- CEA approval certificate for periodic inspection
TEAM/EXPERT DETAIL [Details Required]
Lead Electrical engineer with appropriate experience/certification in electrical audits
Senior Electrical engineer/Job engineer
ICICI Bank Ltd.
Electrical Safety Audit & Thermography for ICICI Bank Cenotaph Road Branch
Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL)
Andra Pradesh, India
Electrical Safety Audit for Vishaka, Rajahmundry and Vijaywada Pipeline Spread.
Electrical & Fire Safety Audit Report
Gail (India) Limited
Vijaipur, Madhya Pradesh
External Safety Audit at Compressor stations & pipeline sections