Any material or structure upon the application of forces is subjected to stress. This stress can lead to the deformation of the material. Hence, it becomes essential to perform stress analysis regularly to prevent any incident. Engineers at iFluids have excellent expertise in understanding your physical system and performing the stress analysis by converting them into a detailed model.
The steps involved in the stress analysis can be listed as
- Identify the potential loads that the piping system would encounter during the life of the plant.
- Relate each of these loads to the stresses and strains developed. (Including Surge forces which can be calculated/found out by Surge analysis using Pipenet Software.
- Get the cumulative effect of the potential loads in the system.
- Decide the allowable limits the system can withstand without failure.
- After the system is designed, to ensure that the stresses are within the safe limits.
For performing the analysis, our team needs the details of the system such as
- Drawings - P&ID, Isometric, plot plan
- Operating conditions – Temperature and Pressure
- Dimension of the process equipment
Our engineers follow the global standards such as ASME, IS, etc. and hence, perform the task with paramount superiority.
- Review Piping Specification
- Review Piping Study Drawing around critical equipment
- Identify critical civil structural requirements
- Review all applicable project standards
- Quick check using Excel spreadsheet for Pipe Wall and Br. Reinf. Calculation
- Prepare Preliminary Stress Critical Line List
- Review Pipe-Rack study layout- Establish preliminary exp loop location
- Establish preliminary Pipe-rack loading for structural design
- Identify CAESAR Stress Models- Include group of lines in single model
- Perform detailed stress analysis based on issued stress critical line list
- Analyse visual check lines using simplified manual techniques
- Communicate with civil, Vessel and Mechanical groups for loading
- Freeze the stress model based on final isometrics
- Documentation of Input and Output Reports
We take pride to say that our team provide the best support till the completion of the task. Upon completion of the analysis, we deliver
- Stress analysis report with supporting documents and recommendation
- Two set of drawing, sketches, specification and support document.
- Soft copies of all drawings
Precision Engineering & Consultancy
Stress Management Training
Carlton Industrial Engineers
Stress Analysis for GRE Pipelines
NRP Projects Private Limited
Pipeline Stress Analysis and wall thickness calculation