Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) has awarded iFluids Engineering to carry out Safety Integrity Level (SIL) Assessment for the process units of Gujarat refinery. The Gujarat Oil Refinery is located at Koyali, Vadodara District in Gujarat. It is the second largest and one of the most complex refineries in India.
Gujarat Refinery has about 40 operating units with a present capacity of 13.7 MMT per year and is gearing up for further expansion across an area of 148 acres.The refinery was commissioned in the year 1965.
Below are the list of process units that will be covered under this study.
- AU1 - ATMOSPHERIC DISTILLATION UNIT -1
- AU2 - ATMOSPHERIC DISTILLATION UNIT -2
- AU3 - ATMOSPHERIC DISTILLATION UNIT -3
- AU4 - ATMOSPHERIC DISTILLATION UNIT -4
- FPU1 - FEED PREPARATION UNIT -1
- FPU2 - FEED PREPARATION UNIT -2
- VDU - VACUUM DISTILLATION UNIT
- VBU - VIS –BREAKER UNIT
- BBU - BITUMIN BLOWING UNIT
- CRU - CATALYTIC REFORMING UNIT
- FGH - FOOD GRADE HEXANE
- FCCU - FLUIDISED CATALYTIC CRACKING UNIT
- MTBE - METHLY TERIARY BUTYL ETHER
- HGU1 - HYDROGEN GENERATION UNIT -1
- DCU - DELAYED COKER UNIT
- SRU3 - SULPHUR RECOVERY UNIT-3
- The software to be used in SIL study is PHA Pro latest version
- The proposed SIL study should be completed within five months from the date of transfer from the site.
- Cause & effect diagram
- P&ID's and PFD
- Process description of facility
- Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
- Emergency Shutdownn philosophy
- HAZOP study report
- Risk Matrix
- A Kick Off Meeting will be organized to discuss the methodology and timeline of the SIL study.
- A draft report shall be submitted to IOCL Gujarat Refinery for review.
- After incorporating observations on the proposed draft report, the final report shall be submitted.