GAIL (India) Limited, is India's flagship Natural Gas company, integrating all aspects of the Natural Gas value chain and its related services. In a rapidly changing scenario, GAIL is spearheading the move to a new era of clean fuel industrialization, creating a quadrilateral of green energy corridors that connect major consumption centre in India with major Gas Fields, LNG terminals and other cross border gas sourcing points. GAIL is also expanding its business to become a player in the International Market. M/s. GAIL (India) Limited envisages to strengthen local gas grid network in various parts of India.
M/s GAIL (India) Ltd., was approached to cater to the demand of M/s Karanataka Power Corporation Limited, Bengaluru (KPCL) through 18’’, 14 km long pipeline from existing 18” Bengaluru spur line. The Bengaluru Spur line is originating from SV 22 of 30” DBPL Pipeline. Initially only Phase-l of scheme will be executed to meet the instant gas demand of M/s KPCL (1.3 MMSCMD). Further Phase-2 of the project will be executed if there is an additional gas demand from M/S KPCL Yelhanka power plant.
Risk Assessment study for NATURAL GAS PIPELINE TO POWERPLANT included the following steps.
- Identification of Hazards (Fire / Explosion uncontrolled release of Hazardous material / Flash Fire / Jet Fire / Over Pressure Explosion etc.)
- Identification of Maximum Credible Accident (MCA) scenario.
- Frequency Analysis using internationally accepted database and Evaluation of the -likelihood of occurrence of possible events.
- Consequence modelling and analysis for the identified hazard covering impact on people and potential escalation
- Estimation of Individual Risk(IR) and Societal Risk (SR)