Sembcorp Energy India Ltd has awarded iFluids Engineering to conduct a Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA) Study for their 1 Thermal Power Plant in Nellore. Sembcorp is an independent power generation company in India. Sembcorp has a balanced portfolio of thermal and renewable assets totaling approximately 4.9 GW & a balanced energy portfolio of over 12,800MW, with more than 3,300MW of renewable energy capacity comprising solar, wind and energy storage globally.
Scope of work:
To conduct QRA Study for 1 Thermal Power Plant of Sembcorp
Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA) Study is a formal and systematic approach to estimate the likelihood and consequences of hazardous events, and expressing the results quantitatively as risk to people, the environment or the business. This helps build effective and functional control systems to prevent the consequences studied.
Facilities to be covered under this QRA are:
- HFO & HSD Fuel tanks and its associated Facilities.
- Chemical Storage Tanks and its associated Facilities
- H2 Cylinder Storage & Filling stations areas and its associated Facilities
- Generators are Hydrogen Cooled.
- To provide list of credible incident scenarios for different modes of operation
- To list out Isolatable sections incase of emergency evaacuations
- To provide incident effects lash fire, Jet fire, Pool fire, Fire ball, Vapour Cloud Explosions (VCE), Toxic Gas Dispersion Zones
- To compute incident effects,consequence & damage distance due to thermal radiation
- To provide required practical recommendations for improving the personnel and process safety of the area based on the study
DNV PHAST & SAFETI v 8.4
This completion of project shall be valid till submission of the report.