Raftaar Terminals Pvt. Ltd. (RTPL) has been established since 2014, to meet the requirement of Industries in and around Southern India. It is a subsidiary of ATS TERMINALS FZE, UAE. RTPL, a fully integrated logistics company. The Raftaar Storage Terminal can be used for storing, handling, and distribution of petrochemicals and petroleum products and is located at Thannirubhavi village, Mangalore.
The Raftaar Terminal is being established for the purpose of receipt, storage and dispatch of various categories of bulk liquids. The storage facilities at the RTPL, Thannirubhavi village is proposed to have aboveground atmospheric storage tanks of various capacities for storing class A and class B petroleum. The receipt of the products into the terminal is handled through pipeline transfer from the jetty and dispatch from the storage terminal is by road tankers.
iFluids Engineering has been entrusted to carry out various Process Safety studies such as QRA, HAZOP and the preparation of the ERDMP Report which are the key areas of expertise of iFluids Engineering.
Quantitative Risk Assessment or QRA is a technique used to consistently calculate the risks from hazardous events. It involves predicting the size of consequences related to a hazard, and the frequency at which a release of the hazard is expected to occur. A hazard and operability study (HAZOP) is a structured and systematic examination of a complex planned or existing process or operation in order to identify and evaluate problems that may represent risks to personnel or equipment
The ERDMP Report consists of:
- Identification of Emergency Categorization and hazards – Key findings from the QRA and HAZOP study is provided as the input.
- Development of Emergency Management Structure includes:
- Management of Resources – Emergency Control Centre, Assembly Points, and Emergency Escape routes, Emergency Communication, Medical facilities, etc.
- Incident Management System – Emergency notification, Emergency Declaration, Control of Emergency, Role of key personnel, Roles of Site Controller, Incident Controller, Team leader, Team Members, etc.
- Emergency Procedure to handle situation such as Bomb threat, Confined space rescue, Chemical spill handling, Specific first-aid measures
The ERDMP is a key document in any industry that provides the Emergency Plan to control and avert any disaster scenario.