M/s. PBL Lifecare Pvt. Ltd. is located at Plot No: F-27, at MIDC Chincholi, Village Chincholi, Taluk: Mohol; District: Solapur, Maharashtra admeasuring 12012 m2. Chemical solvents and acids such as Methanol, Toluene, HCl, Conc. Sulphuric Acid etc are the raw materials required for the overall activity of the unit. The following are the products being manufactured in the plant viz. Albendazol, Salbutamol Sulphate, Levosalbutamol sulphate, Praziquantel, Diminazene Diaceturare Tetra Hydrate, Phenyl Pherene Hydrochloride, Butaphosphane, Cetrizine Dihydrochloride, Riboflavin Sodium Sulphate, Triclabendazole, Toldimphos sodium, Metformin Hydrochloride, Trimetazidine, Etofyline, Telmisartan, Oxfendazole, Alpha Pinene epoxide, Nitroxynil, Cis Imidazole Alcohol, Imidazole, Fenbendazole, Ricobendazole, Ensulizole (Phenyl Benzamidazole sulphonic acid), Avobenzene, Theobromine, Bromohexine Hydrochloride, Moxifloxacin Hydrochloride, Vancomycine, Fidaxomycine, Tobramycine, Cyclosporine, Tacrolemus.
The scope of work is to carry out Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA) for PBL Lifecare, Chincholi and the study covers the different components and equipment’s associated with this facility only.
The main objective of this QRA study is to determine the risk from process hazards associated with PBL Lifecare, Chincholi. This study quantified the risk ranking in accordance with the severity and probability. In order to meet the objective of the assessment, potential scenarios has been identified, evaluated and the chances of consequences related to potential accidental releases occurring in the facility were exhibited.
The Objectives of QRA are as follows:
- To identify the Major Hazards and Loss of Containment (LOC) scenarios
- To calculate the physical effects of failure case scenarios which includes Estimation of fire results such as Jet Fire, Pool Fire and Flash Fire alongside with Overpressure Explosion.
- To evaluate the failure frequency of the facility.
- To quantify the societal risk and to estimate the Potential loss of Life.
- To perform a risk assessment to confirm that the mitigation of risk can be consistent with the ALARP principle according to the UK HSE risk acceptance criteria
- To recommend risk reducing measures to ensure that all risks are in ALARP or in Acceptable region