Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) has an existing installation at Vijayawada in Krishna district of Andhra Pradesh State for the purpose of receipt, storage and dispatch of petroleum products (POL) such as Motor Spirit (MS), High Speed Diesel (HSD), and Superior Kerosene Oil (SKO), Aviation Turbine Fuel (ATF), lubes and solvents.
The petroleum products is received through VVSPL from HPCL Refinery, Visakhapatnam. These are stored in various aboveground and underground storage tanks and are distributed to various customers by dispatching through tank trucks, tank wagons and pipelines. Vijayawada terminal is an intermediate stock point for feeding HPCL’s retail outlets (RO) in the Vijayawada surrounding areas to ensure there is no disruption in the feed from the terminals to the ROs.
Quantitative Risk Assessment i.e. QRA Study for Vijayawada Terminal, Andhra Pradesh.
The Objectives of QRA study are as follows:
- Identification of Hazards and selection of failure case scenarios.
- Identification of physical effects of accidental scenarios, which incorporates frequency analysis for incident scenario resulting in hazards to people and facilities (flammable gas, fire, and smoke, explosion overpressure and toxic gas hazards) and carrying out consequence analysis for the identified hazards covering impact on people and potential escalation.
- Identification of damage limits and quantification of the risks and contour mapping on the plant layout.
- Risk contour mapping.
- Evaluation of risks against risk acceptable limit
- To give risk reduction measures to prevent incident to control the accident
- Hazard mitigation recommendations based on QRA
- To provide recommendations for modifications or changes to the practices to be implemented with time- bound schedule
- To give consolidated conclusion on QRA of location