In IOCL Gujarat Refinery, Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA) study was conducted for hydro carbon pipelines from Gujarat Refinery to Dumad Terminal during sudden release of PIG under pressure followed by oil Spillage under pressure and its impact on the nearby facility (Dumad Terminal).
The scope of work is limited to the different components associated with PIG Launching and receiving barrels for pipelines from Gujarat refinery to Dumad Terminal and proposed facility only.
The main objective of this study is to estimate the potential risk levels for personnel due to accidental release of hazardous materials from loss of containment scenarios from the facilities and to demonstrate that individual risks are within the broadly acceptable regions and to provide suitable control measures for the Gaps identified in line with the PNGRB T4S Regulation 2020.
The Objectives of QRA are as follows:
- To Identify Hazards and Major Loss of Containment (LOC) events.
- To Calculate physical effects of failure case scenarios which include Estimation of Jet Fire, Pool Fire heat radiation distances, Flammable gas dispersion distances, BLEVE and overpressure explosion distances.
- Failure Frequency evaluation.
- To quantify Societal risk and estimate Potential Loss of Life.
- To Perform risk assessment to confirm that risk can be reduced consistent with the ALARP principle according to the UK HSE risk acceptance criteria.
- Recommend risk reducing measures to ensure that all risks are in ALARP or Acceptable region.