Vestian Global Limited has awarded iFluids Engineering to carry out a QRA (Quantitative Risk Assessment) study associated with the Ammonia based Refrigeration plant of the SATS Project. The main objective of this QRA study is to address the Risk Assessment and Hazardous operations of the facilities available.
SATS is a food production company planning to set up a unit in Kempegowda International Airport culminating Business Parks, Hotel, Rental and dining, Entertainment, Concert arenas, city central, Trade centrals, Urban Street restaurants. The QRA study addresses the available and Hazardous operations carried out at the above-mentioned facility.
Scope of work:
- To identify the Safety issues related to possible leakages (minor and major) within premises - Risk and Mitigation.
- To identify the hazards involved with the schematics and the consumption pattern of Ammonia including volume, storage, flow and Technical properties.
- To Identify the Societal risk quantification and Potential Loss of Life estimation.
- To Perform a risk assessment to confirm that risk can be reduced consistent with the ALARP principle according to the UK HSE risk acceptance criteria
- Identification of Hazards and Major Loss of Containment (LOC) events
- Calculation of physical effects of failure case scenarios which include Estimation of Jet Fire, Pool Fire heat radiation distances, Flammable gas dispersion distances, and over pressure explosion distances
- Failure Frequency evaluation
- Societal risk quantification and Potential Loss of Life estimation
- Perform a risk assessment to confirm that risk can be reduced consistent with the ALARP principle according to the UK HSE risk acceptance criteria
PHAST SAFETI 8.4 (QRA modelling)
The proposed completion period of this project is 3 weeks.