Power Systems Studies
- Power system studies consistently analyses a customer’s electrical network to supply recommendations on how to optimize its performance whereas rising the protection of the provision.
- This is finished by capturing the behavior of electrical network, its component, its management, protection and their response beneath completely different time frames, spanning few a small seconds to many hours or maybe years of your time.
- Power system advantages the client by giving the valuable technical info once the system is beneath traditional and fault conditions and proposals on solution to power safety connected issues featured by the plant.
- Power system studies additionally provides reports highlight the matter areas within the facility, helps to avoid harm and injuries with information of wherever the energy is being employed.
- The results we tend to get from power system studies can facilitate us to determine the number of safety gears required by workers in numerous elements of the plant.
Some advantages of conducting a power system Studies.
- Reductions outage time within the plant as a result of the system style and instrumentation are changed to scale back mean time between failures and mean time to repair.
- Power Quality are considerably improved due to reduction in harmonic currents and voltages.
- Reduction in outages due to unstable generator power swings following fault clearing.
- Electrical Safety is conjointly improved as as potential harmonic resonance conditions corrected and also because of identification and elimination of overvoltage and overcurrent things.
- Improved operations whereas islanded conditions thanks to implementation of load shedding scheme.
Short Circuit Study
The contact study tells us the capability of every element in an electrical system. Here throughout this study all reasonably inputs expected is delivered to the instrumentation into consideration. The results are tabulated and analyzed.
The coordination study is conducted to work out the extent of overcurrent protecting device coordination among an electrical system . A Well-engineered system can enable solely the protecting device nearest the fault to open, leaving remainder of the system undisturbed so the systems remain in service.
Arc-Flash Hazard Analysis
Arch-Flash studies analysis the results from short-circuit and coordination studies to search out the arc-flash incident energy levels. This studies are conducted beneath all conditions and every one modes of operation that the element could face.
Load Flow Studies
Load flow analysis could be a numerical algorithm accustomed perceive the steady state operational characteristics of a power system network from data knowledge or bus data. Load flow Studies helps in decreasing sudden period, and it reduces opera rating and maintenance prices.
This study is mathematical technique that checks the power of a synchronous machines among an electrical system to stay in step with each other following a disturbance.
MOTOR STARTING STUDY
In this study, the target is to analyze the behavior of the motor that's being started and its effect on system operations. As such, the motor terminal voltage, motor beginning current and bus voltage is aforethought.
This section describes the Motor beginning study basis and results. Motor beginning studies are performed to work out the strategy of motor beginning with success whereas maintaining the voltage at the motor terminal and in different buses among acceptable limits.
- Overall key Single Line Diagram
- List of switch gear-Plant wise
- Protection single line diagram
- Previous power system studies
- Load schedules
- Protective Relay Setting sheets type
- And creation of relay
- Data sheet and Name plate Details of all Generators, transformers, VFDs and HT motors
Job engineer/Senior engineer / Senior ETAP engineer
- Complete assessed input data report of all instrumentation
- Load/power flow study
- Report on Transformer/Generator size supported Load Flow Study
- Short Circuit reports for worst Case Scenario Conditions and its associated Results
- Transient/Load Shedding report for the aforementioned worst case state of affairs for giant space distribution
- Motor starting Current Analysis
- Harmonics analysis on individual load clusters and harmonic Filter filler calculation
- Coordination Study
Report including computer generated time-current characteristics Curves(TCC)
- Reliability study for major switchboards/Panels.
Software And Standards
Studies can be performed by exploitation the version not less than (Or latest) of the approved software system
IEEE 141 – Recommended Practice for Electric Power Distribution and Coordination of Industrial and Commercial Power Systems
IEEE 242 – Recommended Practice for Protection and Coordination of Industrial and Commercial Power Systems
IEEE 399 – Recommended Practice for Industrial and Commercial Power System Analysis
IEEE 241 – Recommended Practice for Electric Power Systems in Commercial Buildings
IEEE 1015 – Recommended Practice for Applying Low-Voltage Circuit Breakers Used in Industrial and Commercial Power Systems.
IEEE 1584 - Guide for Performing Arc-Flash Hazard Calculations
NFPA 70E – Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace, latest edition
ANSI C57.12.00 – Standard General Requirements for Liquid-Immersed Distribution, Power, and Regulating Transformers
ANSI C37.13 – Standard for Low Voltage AC Power Circuit Breakers Used in Enclosures
ANSI C37.010 – Standard Application Guide for AC High Voltage Circuit Breakers Rated on a Symmetrical Current Basis
ANSI C 37.41 – Standard Design Tests for High Voltage Fuses, Distribution Enclosed Single-Pole Air Switches, Fuse Disconnecting Switches and Accessories.
NFPA 70 - National Electrical Code, latest edition.
IEEE 519- IEEE Recommended Practice and Requirements for Harmonic Control in Electric Power Systems.
IEC 60909- Short-circuit currents in three-phase AC systems
EXTERRAN ENERGY FZE.
Power System Study for BASRAH NGL PROJECT
IOCL, Gujarat Refinery
Power system study for installation of 24/30 MVA, 33 KV/33 KV unit ratio transformers at substation 39 of Gujarat Refinery.
IOCL- HALDIA OIL REFINERY
West Bengal, India
Power system analysis through software modelling