iFluids Engineering has carried out Hydraulic calculations for a Palm oil Facility that consists of tank farms, transfer pumps and its associated facilities such as:
- Palm oil storage facility
- Crude Fatty Acid storage facility
- Palm Fatty Acid Distillate storage facility
The scope of work includes the following activities:
- To perform detailed engineering on 44 tanks and allied facilities of palm oil tanks.
- Developing P&ID based on given general arrangement drawing and as per API standards.
- In Hydraulic calculation, finding out the line sizes for each line including pump suction and discharge line, tank inlet and outlet line.
- Finding out line sizes based on velocity and pressure drop criteria.
- In Pump sizing, finding the pump differential head, suction and discharge pressure, NPSHa, power and its design conditions.
- In Utility consumption list, finding out the consumption rate of Steam, Nitrogen, Instrument air, Compressed air and Service water
- In Utility Sizing, finding out the line sizes for each utility.
- PSV calculation.
- In Line list preparation, providing the line number, operating pressure and temperature and design pressure and temperature
- Pump data sheet preparation
The study methodology was carried as below:
- Hydraulic calculation is performed based on NORSOK standards.
- Spread sheet is used for calculations.