Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) has awarded iFluids Engineering to carry out study on "INSPECTION OF TANKS AND PIPELINES FOR HPCL SURYAPET TERMINAL" as per OISD 129,130 for evaluating the current physical condition of assets.
The Suryapet liquids storage terminal owned by HPCL is located in Telangana State of India. This liquids storage terminal became operational in 2002 ,The terminal primarily stores chemical and petroleum products.
Scope of work:
- Measuring & evaluating the current physical condition of Tanks,Pipelines, & Chequred plate for corrossion, seepage,cracks ,etc.
- Co-relating assets deterioration rate with their actual design life
- To Advice the concerned Operational team for future inspection schedules as per remaining life run with reference to OISD- 129, OISD-130
The facilities to be covered under the Inspection are
|1||External Inspection tank 20.5M D*13M H||2|
|2||External Inspection tank 37.5 D*18M H||2|
|3||External Inspection tank 23M D*13M H||1|
|4||External Inspection tank 15.5 M D*9M H||2|
|5||P/L Visual &UT test Inspection||20000|
External Inspection of Tanks
- All tank features shall be visually inspected for corrosion ,seepage, cracks, sagging ,holes,bulging and deviation from the vertical
- Thickness on nozzle shall be measured using Ultrasonic thickness meter, a minimum of 4 readings taken in clockwise manner for nozzles of size 50 mm NB and above.
- Shell thickness survey shall be carried out from the zone of shell to annular plate joint . On the first, second course, 3 to 4 readings should be taken on each plate diagonally , The bottom, middle and top positions of the plate must be covered
- Rest of the shell course, thickness survey shall be done along the staircase and three compass directions where Bottom, middle and top portions of plates should be covered
- Thickness survey readings of tank roofs shall be taken as 5 per plate.
- Hammer testing shall be done for out of service tanks along with the thickness survey of the roof plates.
- The structural integrity of roof ladders, and roof support system will be evaluated and repaired or replaced if necessary.
Ultrasonic Thickness Survey on Pipelines (UT Test)
- UT test shall be done to ascertain the wall thickness of pipelines.
- For above ground pipeline outer curvature , UT test with 4 readings in clockwise manner will be taken on bends of the piping network ,First reading at centre of bend & other two readings on the sameline on either side of this reading.
- For bottom portions one ultrasonic scan (4 readings) on the entire circumference, upstream and downstream of the weld joint , and pipe downstream of valves shall be done
- A Kick off Meeting with Client will be organized
- Collecting of P&ID, Isometric drawings, and previous inspection report
- Piping Visual Inspection will be assigned to a API 570 certified Piping Inspector
- Shall be listing out additional Inspection points in the time of Piping Visual Inspection
- Tank Visual Inspection will be handled by API 653 certified Tank Inspector
- Checklist will be maintained as per OISD requirement. Observations and Recommendations will be noted in the Checklist and documented with Site Photographs.
- UT Kit (through coat) will be Calibrated before QC inspector.
- Thickness will be measured by using UT kit and shall listed out in the report.
- If any severe abnormality observed, FFS will be suggested.
- Remaining life calculation will be performed by Piping Inspectors and report with recommendations will be submitted to client.
The completion period of the project is 1 month.