Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd has entrusted iFluids Engineering to carry out Hydraulics Analysis Study.
Hydraulics analysis is carried out to check whether the existing firewater network is designed as per the OISD requirements. Fire water refers to the water used for firefighting in the facility using the application of Hydrants, Monitors, Spray nozzles and sprinklers.
M/s. Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd Terminal located at Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh. has four tank farm areas:
- Tank farm 1 has six storage Tanks
- Tank farm 2 has three storage Tanks
- Tank farm 3 has three storage Tanks
- Tank farm 4 has three storage Tanks
This Terminal consists of 3 fire zones including Gantry, Wagon and Storage area. Fire water is supplied to these zones by means of activating the deluge valves.
Fire water system hydraulics is carried out for 3 fire zones to identify whether the fire water system supplies the calculated fire water demand for each fire zone.
Developed fire water network model is analyzed by opening the deluge valves under operation as per logic and supplementary water flow rate of 288 m3/hr. from two Double Hydrants. Hydraulic analysis is performed in view of fire water inflow from deluge valve and to its downstream fire water lines.
The study aims to check the adequacy of fire water pumps capacity, header size, existing fire water ring main header arrangement which are capable of delivering the maximum expected fire water requirement, fire water inflow from deluge valves, sprinklers, hydrant, monitor etc.
The Fire water network analyzed has been designed in such a way to deliver 120 % of the design flow rate at each fire zone and the required pressure at Ring main header, Hydrants, Water monitors, Foam water monitors, HVLRs and Sprinklers.
- Input data collection
- Calculation of existing Fire water demand calculation or Fire water requirement for the facility.
- Development of Fire water network model.
- Hydraulic analysis for the entire fire water network model.
- Checking of required conditions in fire water spray / sprinkler, hydrant, monitors.
- Checking the fire water network and providing recommendation if necessary.