Thriveni Earthmovers Private Limited, plans to install LNG storage and cylinder filling station at Keonjhar District, Odisha. Thriveni Earthmovers Private Limited has entrusted iFluids Engineering to carry out Hazard and Operability (HAZOP) study for LNG Storage and cylinder filling station at Keonjhar District, Odisha.
The purpose of a HAZOP study is to:
- Identify the hazards inherent in the process in normal operation.
- Identify the credible equipment, instrument failures likely to lead to accident scenarios/ hazards / operability problems.
The main steps involved in a HAZOP study are as follows:
- Select the node (line, equipment or a system) on the P&ID;
- List the intention and process parameters, guidewords for the node;
- List all deviations and ignore deviations that are not meaningful and apply the deviation;
- Brainstorm and list various causes of the deviation and ignore causes that are not credible;
- Determine the consequences of the deviation due to each listed credible cause;
- Identify Safeguards already provided in the system
- Suggest recommendations/actions, should the safeguards be inadequate;
- Repeat steps 3 to 7 for each deviation
- Repeat steps from one (1) to eight (8) on the next node until all the nodes are covered.
At the end of the study, the identified process hazards and risks found by the HAZOP team was recorded, then produced as report with HAZOP worksheets and recommendation to lower the risk of the identified hazard.