The Indian Oil Corporation limited (IOCL) has proposed to Hazard and Operability (HAZOP) Study of Process Units at Gujarat Refinery.
The Objectives of the study are,
A) HAZOP study of Gujarat Refinery is carried out in two phases, viz: Phase 1 – 41 Nos. of Process Units & Phase 2 – Offsite / tank farm.
Phase 1 of HAZOP Study:
- The number of P&IDs for 41 process units is 1333 Nos. Total number of P&IDs pertain to the main circuits and includes the MOCs executed till Apr’19. MOCs executed after Apr’19 is expected to be about 10% extra.
- Phase 1 HAZOP Study shall commence from the date of occupying the office space at IOCL, Gujarat Refinery inside Battery area.
- Submission of draft report marks the completion schedule of Phase 1 of HAZOP study. IOCL shall forward the comments on draft report and bidder shall thereafter submit the final report within 1 month.
Phase 2 of HAZOP Study:
- The number of P&IDs for offsite / tank farm is approximately 150 Nos. MOCs executed is expected to be about 10% extra.
- Phase 2 HAZOP Study shall commence after 10 months of completion of Phase 1 study.
B)Following will be under scope of IOCL:
- Provision of Soft copy of P&IDs.
- Provision of Soft copy of HAZOP report.
- Provision of Hard Copy of MOC of Process Schemes.
- IOCL will provide one room inside Battery area with facilities limited to Table, Chair, Tube Light, and Window AC. All other items shall be arranged by Bidder. (Mobile phones will not be allowed inside Refinery premises)
C) Following will be under scope of Bidder:
- Two Hard copies of Node Marked Up A2 size P&ID for comments & discussion for preliminary review.
- Laptop, Internet Connection, Printing, Stationary items etc.
- Lodging & Boarding arrangement.
- Conveyance from boarding place to Refinery Main Gate, from Refinery Main Gate to inside Refinery, & inside the Refinery for Site Visit through four wheeler car. Same car shall be used throughout the HAZOP study for movement inside the plant on daily basis.
D) HAZOP study shall be conducted at IOCL, Gujarat Refinery inside Battery area.
E) Bidder shall have previous experience in the use of proven PHA software like PHAWorks / HAZOPPro, etc to perform HAZOP study.
F) Bidder shall arrange “HAZOP Chairman” and other technical man power.
G)Chairman of HAZOP shall have atleast 10 years work experience in the field of Process Safety in Oil Hydrocarbon Refinery sector. Specialized training and experience in HAZOP / SIL/ QRA studies is desirable and the Chairman shall possess the experience of independently leading atleast 5 nos. Hazop studies in the field of Process Safety in Oil Hydrocarbon Refinery sector.
H) Bio data of HAZOP Chairman and other technical persons of selected bidder to be submitted to IOCL Gujarat Refinery for acceptance.
I) HAZOP study shall include SLR Matrix (Severity, Likelihood, Risk). The HAZOP study must use additional guide words like ‘wrong line ups’ etc.
J) The rate to be quoted by bidder shall be on “per P&ID basis”.
K) Individual HAZOP report shall be submitted by the bidder for each of the 41 Process Units and Offsite/Tank Farm in separate bound volumes. A total of 5 hardbound copies with a pen drive shall be provided for total HAZOP Study.
L) Soft copy of P&ID’s and HAZOP report shall be handed over to Bidder once they occupy the office at IOCL, Gujarat Refinery inside Battery area.