Indian Oil Corporation Limited has awarded iFluids Engineering to carry "FIRE WATER ADEQUACY STUDY NETWORK AND ASSOCIATED FACILITIES AS PER OISD-STD-116 FOR BONGAIGAON REFINERY"
Bongaigaon Refinery is a petroleum refinery in Assam, India. It was commissioned on 20 February 1974 by the government of India.Refinery capacity was increased in 1995 to 2.35 million tonnes per year (51400 barrels per day of stream through expansion.
The study is performed for checking the adequacy of the existing fire, water network and identify their limitations while considering different combinations of the fire scenarios (as per OISD-STD-1116 ).
Existing facilities to be covered under this study are:
- Crude Distillation Unit (CDU-I & II)
- Delayed Coker Unit (DCU-I & II)
- CRU MSQ Block (NHT, CRU, Coker Naphtha Splitter, SR Naphtha splitter, Light Naphtha ISOM unit)
- DHDT Block (DHDT, HGU, SRU, SWSU, ARU, Nitrogen plant, SRR)
- Captive Power Plant (Boilers (5 Nos.),STG (3 nos.), GTG (1 no.),HRSG (1 No.)
- Hydrocarbon Storage Tanks (122 nos.) and 3 nos. Of LPG Horton spheres, 4 bays of LPG TT loading. Truck, LPG Bullet and Rail Wagon loading facilities/gantries.
- Utilities & Off-sites, WWTP (ETP and TTP), LPG Bottling plant, Hydrogen storage (CRU Unit and DHDT block), Compressed air system, Instrument air system, firewater network
- Flare Systems (Refinery, CRU MSQ units, DHDT Block), DM PLANT,CPU unit, Fuel gas and fuel oil network. KTU, Coke calculations Unit, All Electrical Substations of units, Bongaigaon refinery, CCU, Store & Warehouse.(Storage, Loading/unloading facility of chemicals etc.)
Upcoming new facilities to be cover under the study are:
- Indmax FCC unit 740 TMTPA
- Prime-G+ unit 312 TMTPA
- LPG mounded bullets 3 x 3,000 m3
- Cooling tower cells 2 x 2,600 m3/hr
- DHDT revamp 1,600 TMTPA
- HGU revamps 30 KTPA (H2 production)
- New NHT 235 TMTPA
- New SRU 20 TPD
- New ARU 42 m3/hr
- Gasoline tank 8,900 m3
- The contract period is five (5) months from the date of the work order.
- Fire fighting Layout
- Nozzle details
- Isometric diagram
- FW flow calculation
- Pump performance curve
- Piping material Specification
- Operating and control Philosophy
- Fire water Analysis report
- FWS Design basis for jetty area
- Native file of existing FW network software models
- Provide Velocity criteria of each pipe
- Kick off meeting shall be organized within three weeks of date of work order to discuss the methodology and timeline of the Project.
- Draft report shall be submitted to IOCL Bongaigaon Refinery for review.
- Final report to be submitted 2 weeks from the date of submission of the draft report.