iFluids Engineering was awarded to carry out Fire and Gas Mapping study for Vijayawada terminal by Advanced SYS-TEK Pvt Ltd .Vijayawada terminal is a marketing terminal at Vijayawada by M/S Indian Oil Corporation Limited. This marketing terminal consists of different product tanks such as MS, HSD, Biodiesel and Ethanol. Vijayawada terminal receives products in pipeline and Loading the products to Tanker truck in Bays.
Indian Oil Corporation Limited has planned to provide Hydrocarbon Vapour detection for Class A product Tank farm and handling areas in Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh. This terminal consists of Tank farms forms for MS, HSD, Ethanol and Biodiesel along with pumps and its associated pipelines.
The risk from a flammable or toxic material release from the occurred leak source is based on the probability and the potential consequence. The hazardous area of this facility were identified based on the properties of the materials handled and the potential hazards in the systems which could lead to loss of containment events.
In the identified hazardous areas the potentially hazardous equipment / hazardous scenarios were identified and characterized, based on either Toxic, Flammable gas or Fire detectors which will be located. Dispersion modelling of critical scenarios provides the basis for the detector location for minimizing the catastrophe due to release of identified flammable or toxic gas. Adequate protection using Gas detection devices shall be provided to prevent an incident from starting or from escalating.
Gas Detection devices shall be provided at strategic locations where flammable gases or toxic gases are likely to occur and are likely to increase the area of detectors coverage.
The scope of work includes following activities for Fire and Gas Mapping study for Vijayawada terminal.
- Class A product handling areas in the Vijayawada terminal is covered for the Fire and Gas Mapping Study.
- The dispersion pattern of flammable gas toxic gas release was analysed. Based on the dispersion pattern the location and mounting height of the detectors were identified.
- To suggests the location, type and number of detectors that needs to be installed across various areas.
- To provide an overall Gas detection layout using the Detect 3D modelling software.
- Identifying all potential hazards that will lead to Flammable gas release or ignition and Toxic Gas release.
- By modelling the physical effect the characteristics determination of the likely gas release is done.
- The extent of hazardous scenario on the project facilities were assessed.
- Providing the positions for new fire and gas detection.