Vishakhapatnam Terminal is a marketing terminal at Vishakhapatnam by M/S Indian Oil Corporation Limited. This marketing terminal consists of different product tanks such as MS, HSD, SKO, FO 180, FO 380, ATF, LFHSD, LVFO, LDO, JP-5 and Ethanol. Vishakhapatnam terminal receives products in pipeline and Loading the products to Tanker truck in Bays.
The risk from a flammable or toxic material release is the combination of the probability of a leak occurring and the potential consequences should the leak occur. Toxic gas, flammable gas, and fire detectors can reduce the risk of a release by reducing the severity because of early detection and faster response. The Fire & Gas mapping study is carried out to identify the need, location and number of Gas and flame detectors in the facilities.
The scope of work includes following activities for Fire and Gas Mapping study for Vishakapatnam terminal.
- The Hydrocarbon products handling areas such as Tank farm, Pump House, Bays in the Vishakapatnam terminal is covered for the Fire and Gas Mapping Study.
- The dispersion pattern of hydrocarbon leak was analysed to identify the type, location and number of detectors. Further, optimisation of detectors an overall Gas detection layout plan was provided.
- The Fire &Gas Mapping Study suggests the type, location with elevation and number of detectors needed to cover the hazardous areas in the facility.
The main objectives of the Fire and Gas Mapping study for Vishakapatnam Terminal are:
- Identification of all possible potential hazards that will leads to release of flammable gas and toxic gas.
- Determination of the characteristics of the flammable and toxic gas release by modelling the physical effect followed by quantifying the extent of potential hazard scenario in the project facility.
- Proposing new fire and gas detection arrangements after optimisation.