The Shahdol – Phulpur pipeline (SHPPL) system comprises of a 16”, 302 km (approx.) long trunk pipeline between Shahdol, Madhya Pradesh and Phulpur, Uttar Pradesh along with associated facilities such as:-
- Compressor station at Shahdol
- Metering & regulating station at Phulpur
- 12 nos. Mainline valve stations (en route) with provision for tap-off to future Customers
Reliance Gas Pipelines Limited has planned to install Gas leak detection system along with new Voting logic in Compressor Stations at Shahdol-Phulphur Gas Pipelines. Reliance Gas Pipelines Limited has entrusted iFluids Engineering to carry out the Fire and Gas Mapping Study for the Compressor Station CS at Shahdol-Phulphur Gas Pipelines.
The scope of work includes following activities:
• Hydrocarbon product handling areas such as Pig Launcher / Receiver, Station Inlet Filter Separator, Gas Compressor Package, Station discharge Cooler, Station discharge scrubber and its associated pipelines is covered for the Fire and Gas Mapping Study.
The objectives of the F & G Mapping study are
- Finding all the potential hazards and dangers that will lead to flammable gas release or ignition.
- Characterization of the likely gas release by modelling the physical effect and consequently quantifying the extent of hazardous scenario on the project facilities
- Review of the existing detectors in line with the defined performance target
- Proposal of Feasible fire and gas detection arrangements.
- Proposal of new voting logic for Compressor Station trip logic configuration from present 1oo1 to NooN voting.
The Study Methodology was carried as below
- Hazardous Area Identification
- Hazardous Area Characterization
- Risk Volume Definition
- Determination of characteristic cloud for detection
- Detect 3D Modelling
- Coverage Mapping