Environmental Noise Modelling
iFluids Engineering can perform environmental noise modeling study for the project based on project noise abatement philosophy, equipment layout design, baseline noise level and accessible key noisy equipment information sheets.
The main objective of this study is to make sure that the environmental noise level generated from operation of the facility won't exceed the acceptable close noise level outside the facility premises/fence line (at nearest noise sensitive receptors, especially residential communities to the west of the project site).
The noise modelling study will be conducted using Cadna A, an expert and leading software for calculation, presentation, assessment and prediction of environmental noise. The model software calculates the contribution from every noise source, input as a specified source type (e.g. point, line, area, etc.) octave band sound power level, at designated locations. It predicts noise levels under light down-wind conditions supported hemispherical propagation, atmospheric absorption, ground effects, screening and directivity based on the procedure detailed within the ISO9613 “Acoustics – Attenuation of Sound throughout Propagation Outdoors”.
Typical noise study process can include :
- Review of facility document, layouts, specifications, equipment noise data sheets, background noise levels;
- Identification of modeling situations (e.g. traditional operation, non-routine operations, emergency operations, etc.)
- Calculate expected environmental noise level predicted Cadna A software and generate noise contour maps (including cumulative noise from baseline conditions) outside the plant fence line up to/at nearest noise sensitive receivers (showed on contour maps);
- Carry out an assessment of noise levels at identified noise sensitive receivers;
- Develop/create the model by digitizing the layouts within the software using the latest project layout drawings provided by COMPANY. The noise sources will be highlighted and therefore the relevant noise level data/equipment options are going to be incorporated within the model input files.
- Following completion of the model development, the consultant can run the noise model software to predict the noise levels during various operation of the facilities/equipment. A color coded noise level contours will be developed and given as 70 dB (A) and above in 5 dB increments.
- Following the development of the contours, the consultant can perform environmental noise impact assessment and identification of areas where noise levels might exceed allowable ambient noise limits around the plant site, the sources giving rise to the exceedances and suggestions for remedial noise mitigation measures based on noise control hierarchy in QP standards.
A “Noise Study Report” will be prepared, complete with predicted sound pressure level contour maps and outline noise control recommendations.