Air Dispersion Modelling study concerns the estimation of the pollutants in the ground level concentrations due to the operation of the plant in order to assess its impacts on air quality and to verify compliance with legislative air quality standards.
The estimation is carried out by using theoretical evaluations and predictive models able to simulate pollutants dispersion and transport in the atmosphere and estimate their concentration levels on the ground. In order to verify compliance with air quality standard simulated ground level concentration must be properly composed with existing air quality background levels, obtained through proper analysis on the current air quality (before operation situation) to be gained through existing ambient air monitoring network.
Assessment of impacts on air quality may lead to identification of proper mitigation actions to be considered in the project design. The process of air pollution modelling operates in 4 parts (data input, dispersion calculations, determining concentrations, and analysis) (data input, dispersion calculations, deriving concentrations, and analysis). To achieve a meaningful evaluation of the importance of any potential harmful effects, the accuracy and uncertainty in each stage must be recognized and assessed
Dispersion models are integral to:
- Environmental impact assessment studies for development approval with license
- Investigations of complaints or pollution incidents
- Pollution control, management and reduction studies
- Health-risk assessment studies
- Pollution forecasting and online modelling tools
- Optimization studies
Our integrated strategy combines a wide variety of services to assist our clients in meeting statutory obligations as well as their own internal goals
Specific services provided are:
- Air Quality Monitoring;
- Validation of Continuous Emissions measurement;
- Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Consulting.
- We always start with a thorough questionnaire about your current situation and on-site mission.
- Our mission largely covers equipment deployment, stack emission measurement, report drafting.
- Consultation step is done to decrease or optimize emissions and periodical follow-up.
- Reference legislative emission limits and air quality standard to be considered, derive from the project HSE requirements to be met and environmental criteria to be applied.
iFluids Engineering provide a variety of air quality modeling services using EPA, Guideline models namely AERMOD, ISC3, ISCE-Prime, AERSCREEN, SCREEN3 as well as specialized use models like SDM, AFTOX, and CALINE.