M/s Acebright (India) Pharma Pvt. Ltd at KIADB Industrial area, Jigani, Bangalore, Karnataka with a vision to provide high quality Intermediates and Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients to the global pharma industry. Acebright (India) Pharma Pvt. Ltd has planned to carry out 3D QRA study for the facility including
- Production Blocks
- Pump house
- Solvent storage yard and Drum storage Yard
- Ware house
The main objective of this QRA study is to quantify and assess risk for personnel from process hazards associated with Acebright Pharma Facility. In order to meet the objective of assessment, potential scenarios has been identified and assessed. Likelihood and consequences related to potential accidental releases occurring in the facility to demonstrate the Societal risk and individual risks. The Objectives of QRA are as follows:
- Identification of the Hazards involved and possible failure scenarios for the facility.
- Estimation of physical effects such as Flash Fire, Jet Fire, Flammable and Toxic Gas cloud dispersion, Overpressure Explosion and Pool Fire radiation distances for failure case scenarios.
- Failure Frequency evaluation.
- Quantification of Societal risk and estimation of Potential Loss of Life.
- Carryout a risk assessment based on UK HSE risk acceptance criteria to confirm that risk in Acceptable / ALARP / Unacceptable.
- Perform ALARP demonstration to reduce the Risk consistent with the ALARP principle according to the UK HSE risk acceptance criteria.
- To ensure that the Societal and Individual risks are in ALARP or in Acceptable region recommend some of the risk reducing measures such as Prevention, Detection, Control, Mitigation and Emergency response.
Risk Assessment is carried out based on two factors. One is consequences another one is likelihood. Consequence Estimation is carried to determine the potential for damage or injury from specific failure scenarios or incidents. Likelihood assessment is carried out to estimate the probability of occurrence of failure scenarios or incident. Combination of the consequences and likelihood of all incident outcomes from all selected incidents to assess the risk. The risks of all the failure scenarios are estimated individually and summed to provide an overall risk.